Can you perform the legal aspect of our marriage?

YES! I am a HSE Registered Solemniser, and as such I can Legally Solemnise your marriage at your venue on your chosen day

Are you a Humanist/Spiritualist?

I am a One Spirit Interfaith Minister, which gives me the freedom to perform ceremonies for people of all faiths and/or none. I have no agenda with regard to your ceremony, it can be as spiritual, secular or atheist as you choose, using whatever language, music and readings you choose.  I also have no requirement to speak about any parent organisation during your ceremony. One Spirit Interfaith Ministers take a vow of inclusivity, so no couple would ever be refused on the grounds of any diversity of gender, orientation, colour, nationality, ability, culture or any other reason- within the bounds of Irish law.

Because I am authorised to carry out ceremonies for couples of all faiths and none, I am listed on the HSE Register of Solemnisers as a religious Solemniser, as opposed to secular.  This sometimes causes confusion for couples who want a secular/atheist/humanist ceremony.  Please know that this classification has absolutely no bearing on the content of your ceremony.

Can you Solemnise our marriage on a Saturday/Sunday?

Yes! I can Legally Solemnise your marriage at any time, on any day of the week, in any venue recognised by the HSE, in a venue of your choosing that is compliant with Section 52 of the Civil Registrations Act 2004. The main requirements being that the Solemnisation takes place at an identifiable address which is open to the general public. Ceremonies with no legal component can take place pretty much anywhere, (as long as we have permission from the owner!) and I am happy to work with you on this. ski weddings & cliff-side weddings are a speciality! 😉

How is our booking confirmed?

Once we have established that I’m available on your date, your booking is confirmed upon receipt of a €150 booking deposit. The balance will be payable in advance of your ceremony, either via PayPal, credit/debit card or bank transfer.

How do we Register our marriage?

In Ireland, all couples must visit a HSE Registrar to register their Intent to Marry, NO LESS THAN THREE MONTHS prior to their intended wedding date. At this meeting, you will be asked for the names and details of both spouses, both witnesses (over 18 years), your chosen Solemniser, your venue and your intended date. You will then be given your Marriage Registration Form (MRF) usually in a green folder, which you will bring with you on your wedding day. I will request this in advance of the ceremony in order to check and confirm that all details are correct. During the ceremony it will be signed by myself, both spouses and both witnesses, and it is your responsibility to return it to the HSE Registrar’s office within 30 days of your ceremony.

Further details are available from the HSE website:

How long will the ceremony last?

Most ceremonies last in the region of 25-35 minutes, depending on variables such as music choices, ceremony enhancements, photographs etc. I can tailor your ceremony to fit any time requirement. We will discuss this during the planning phase, and if the requirement is different on the day that’s absolutely fine too. Let there be no panic!

How much will it cost?

My current fee is €600 for your bespoke ceremony, including unlimited meetings, revisions and support in the lead-up to your ceremony. If your ceremony is outside the greater Dublin area, a mileage fee of .40c/km will apply.

How do we obtain our Marriage Certificate?

You will retain the paperwork (in the green folder) on the day of your ceremony.  (You might consider nominating someone to ensure it is put away safely, immediately after the ceremony)!

You must return the MFR (Marriage Registration Form) within one month to a Registrar, for the marriage to be registered.

Under Section 50 of the Civil Registration Act 2004, if the completed MRF (Marriage Registration Form) is not returned to a Registrar within 56 days of the intended date of marriage recorded on the MRF, the Registrar can serve a notice on you requiring you to return the MRF within 14 days of receiving the notice.  It is very important that you ensure the paperwork is returned as you cannot get your civil marriage certificate until the marriage is registered.


If you have any questions feel free to contact me

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from The Bald Priestess.

You have Successfully Subscribed!